Summit City Bicycles & Fitness may only hire a limited number of new employees each year, but we're interested in hearing from qualified retail sales and service people who are seeking employment. Most of our staff stays with us for many years - some as many as twenty-five years. Our employee turnover is very small and some years go by where we do not even have a need to hire. Please learn more and complete your online application today! We'll be in touch if we feel that you're a good fit for one of our open positions.
Why Work With Us?
Summit City Bicycles & Fitness is an equal-opportunity employer. The pay and benefits are competitive for retail workers in this particular job industry. The ambiance is energetic and pleasant, and the customers are uniformly nice people coming to us for products and services that they love to use.
Additional Employment Information
This job may not for everyone. We encourage you to read about what is expected at Summit City Bicycles and to apply only if you are comfortable with how we operate.
1. Smoking is not allowed in the store or on the premises of Summit City Bicycles & Fitness. Very few of our customers smoke and it is an activity that is not commensurate with a fitness business. Also, leaving a work station for unscheduled breaks is not allowed.
2. The store is open Monday thru Friday, 10-8 and on Saturday from 10-6. The business is closed on Sunday. All prospective employees must be available to work night hours as well as Saturday. If you cannot work on Saturday, which is our busiest day, then perhaps this is not the job for you.
3. Because of the seasonal nature of bicycle sales, vacations are rarely granted from April through August.
4. Summit City Bicycles & Fitness is closed for Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Years Day. The business will close early on the day before Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
5. Applicants for fitness delivery must have a current and valid driver’s license. Our insurance company routinely researches the driving record of any applicant or employee. Poor driving records may result in our insurance company forbidding the use of a company vehicle to that delivery staff member, which may make them unable to do their job.
6. Lifting up to 70 pounds is required. The ability to safely use a step ladder is required. The ability to ride a bicycle is also required.
7. Applications must include requested job histories, references and specific names and locations of schools attended. All dates, phone numbers and addresses must be included.
8. Because all the products of Summit City Bicycles and Fitness are fitness related, physical fitness may be of concern in hiring decisions. It is preferred that applicants be involved with some type of bicycle riding or fitness activity. Our business has found that if employees share our passion of cyclng and fitness they will serve customers with enthusiasm.